September is finally here! I have been aching for September and fall for months now, this summer of heat waves and humidity made me realize how much I’m NOT a summer person. I love fall, the brisk breezes, the scarves you pull tighter, the crunch of new boots on the leaves.
Even though I’m out of school, September still feels like a new beginning. Almost like a reset on the rest of the year. Plus, September is my half birthday, so I know I’m halfway away from 23 and halfway to 24 (omg!). I’ve always been really weird about sharing my goals; I think that if I say them out loud, they won’t happen. I’m trying to do away with this negative thinking, so I’ve decided to create a list of goals I want to accomplish before we ring in 2017. The list on the left is for physical goals, while the list on the right is for mental/emotional goals.
- Get a new job 1. Start online counseling
- Start saving for an apartment 2. Journal more regularly
- Have as much autumn and Halloween fun as I can 1. Be more positive!
- Keep saving for that apartment 2. Continue w/ online counsel
- Start viewing apartments if possible 1. Make peace with the past
- Look into adopting a dog 2. Stop judging others
- Start/continue viewing apartments 1. Accept myself
- Start going to animal shelters 2. I am not my looks
My goals for the year are to start saving for an apartment and to start looking for a dog. I want to grow mentally, finally accept the things that have happened in the past, and stop being so hard on myself.
I’ll admit, I’ll be upset if I don’t meet these goals, but if I don’t, I’ll just keep pushing.
What are your goals for the rest of the year? I’d love to hear them!